in Magic & Superstition
Additional Dandelion Information
The cheery yellow flowers and airy white puffs of dandelions seed heads have lent themselves to many uses in magick and folklore over the centuries, mostly in the areas of divination, wishes, good luck, communicating with spirits, and dreams. In magick, Dandelions are bound to fire and Jupiter.
Many beliefs involve blowing on the seed head to tell us something we want to know, and these uses are listed below.
- If you blow hard on a dandelion seed head and all the seeds blow off, a wish will come true.
- If a woman blows hard on a seed head and all the seeds blow off, her lover loves only her. If seeds remain, he is not loyal.
- Blow hard on a seed head and the number of seeds left will tell you how many children you will have.
- Blow on a seed head and the number of seeds left will tell you how many years you have left.
- Blow on a seed head until all the seeds are gone. The number of puffs it took will tell you what time it is. Alternatively, blow three times on the seed head and the number of seeds left will tell the time.
- Blow on a seed head and your wish will be carried to your lover.
- If you see seeds falling off the seed head when there is no wind, rain is on the way.
Dandelion flowers also have a deep folkloric history, and beliefs include the following:
- If a child picks a dandelion flower off the plant, he will wet the bed that night.
- To find out if you will be rich, put a dandelion flower under your chin, and the degree of the glow on your chin will be the degree of your financial success.
- If you rub yourself all over with dandelion flowers, you will be welcome everywhere you go and your wishes will be granted.
The roots and leaves of Dandelion plants can be made into teas for spells or rituals concerning divination, luck, calling spirits, psychic powers, and wishes. The steam from tea is believed to help call spirit entities. Roots, leaves, and flowers can be used in sachets or dream pillows for psychic dreaming and wishes. The flowers can be sewn into small red flannel bag and worn around the neck for wishes.
E-Mail Home Shop
Mystical Blaze - All things paranormal!